Putting you to ease that we are equipping your kids in what you want them to know!
We know that as parents and leaders, we are looking for people to impart into our kids’ lives! But we also may be hesitant if it seems like the beliefs may not match. The great thing about almost all of our content – it can be taught in any denomination, because almost all of the foundational beliefs that a kid needs are the same, no matter what denomination you are part of!
Because we always have a course schedule for the parents, plus the parent podcast, you will always know what we will be teaching your children. If there is one class that doesn’t match, it’s actually a great training time for you to take with your kids about knowing what you believe and why.
Here is the wordy version of what we believe; for the bullet point of the mentalities and focuses that the curriculum was built from, scroll to the very bottom of this page.
Statement of Faith
- There is only one true God who is the eternal King, Redeemer, and Creator.
- He is perfectly holy, just, loving, and truthful. He has revealed Himself to be eternally self-existent, one Being in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
- The Bible is the only infallible, inspired, and authoritative Word of God.
- God created humankind in His image to know and enjoy Him. But we willfully rejected the Lordship and glory of God, which God intended us to have. Because of our rejection, sickness, death, and judgment entered the world, and, now, creation experiences the effects and consequences of sin.
- The Lord Jesus Christ is the one and only Son of God. He was conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, and is God’s Anointed One (Messiah). He is empowered by the Holy Spirit to inaugurate God’s Kingdom on Earth.
- Jesus was crucified for our sins, died, was buried, resurrected, ascended into heaven, and is now alive today as God the Father and within His people as God the Holy Spirit. Jesus is wholly God and wholly man.
- We are saved by God’s grace through faith in the person and work of Jesus Christ. Anyone can be restored to fellowship with God through repenting, believing, and receiving Jesus as his or her Savior and Lord. The Holy Spirit convicts, regenerates, justifies, and adopts us as God’s sons and daughters. He also empowers us with the Gifts of the Spirit.
- The victorious redemptive work of Christ on the cross provides freedom from the power of the enemy– sin, lies, sickness, poverty, and torment.
- The Holy Spirit sanctifies and dwell in us, enabling us to live holy and minister supernaturally.
- The baptism of the Holy Spirit, according to Acts 1:4-8 and 2:4, is poured out on believers so that they might have power to be witnesses.
- The Church consists of all who put their faith in Jesus Christ, and Jesus gave His church the ordinances of Baptism and Communion.
- The Church exists to carry on the ministry of Jesus Christ and further advance His Kingdom by undoing the works of the enemy, preaching and living the Good News of God’s love, discipling the nations, baptizing, and teaching how to love and obey God.
- Based on the redemptive work of Christ on the cross, the Holy Spirit is forming a people for God’s name who, together, live the life of His Kingdom while awaiting the final consummation of all things, when the kingdoms of this world become the Kingdoms of God.
- Heaven and hell are real places. There will be a resurrection of the saved and the lost. Some will go on to everlasting life and others to everlasting death.
Clear Statements of What We Believe
- We believe that Children’s Church should be an equipping place, not a babysitting place.
- We do not believe there is a junior Holy Spirit, or that He is only a free gift for adults.
- We believe that every Christian should be doing the same works as Jesus did, including healing, miracles, and hearing from the Heavenly Father every day.
- We believe that if a child can learn to take their thoughts captive at a young age, their Christian walk will be exponentially successful.
- We believe that God’s Word has tremendous power, is not outdated, or ever becomes irrelevant, no matter how spiritually mature you become.
- We believe that every child can learn to hear and respond to the God.
- We believe that every Christian can have the gift of tongues through the laying on of hands, regardless of their age.
- We believe it is so much easier to train up a child in the way they should go, instead of waiting until their adults to train them (which usually looks like years of retraining and renewing their minds to truths they should have learned as kids)